FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:23 am
lin821

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by serpens
<snip>
(IB in this case) should ensure that the users can get benefit from the web site without jumping through hoops.
Expectations, expectations, expectations. You must be joking:

Originally Posted by IBobi
... I think it is fair to say that there are no plans whatsoever to roll anything back at this point. Bolstering this decision are the fact that these changes were necessary from a technical and business standpoint to begin with; added to that, we have seen zero evidence that the changes are negatively impacting the site in terms of traffic or posting...
(emphasis mine)

One question for IB to address:
Since we are not permitted, from users' point of view, to have a poll demonstrating how negatively (or positively) this "upgrade" has impacted our personal use of the web site from Nov. 15th on, is it too much to ask of IB to share with us how the traffic or posting has "boosted" or maintained so far when arguing zero evidence of downside from a business standpoint?

Originally Posted by Sopwith
Still jumping around when not signed in.
When browsing posts/threads, the jumping problem still happens, even though not all the time, w/o login, on my laptop using Firefox, FT Desktop version.

When that happens, it's difficult to get to the top of the page or stay on the post I intend to read. I found out by accident if I just need to refresh the current page a few times (maybe 2 or 3), the cursor would behave, so I may go back to my normal browsing. That's my personal fix. Don't know if IB ever comes up with a systematic fix for this persistent problem.

Last edited by cblaisd; Dec 13, 2017 at 3:08 pm Reason: merged poster's two consecutive posts