FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One Week In Sydney for Christmas too much?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:56 am
peter11

Programs: UA, SPG
One Week In Sydney for Christmas too much?

We were supposed to be skiing in the sierras for Christmas. The snow looks bleak so we made a last minute booking to spend the week in Sydney. The tickets are on a 24 hour refundable status so I can change my mind still. Anyway, as it stands, we'd arrive on the morning of the 24th and depart January 1. The idea of being there for new years is attractive to us as is the city itself (never been). I do wonder whether spending a full week in Sydney is too much. We don't have longer, so visiting much more of the country seems out too. I can imagine the city keeping us busy for 2 or 3 days. Perhaps visit the beaches nearby for a day or two but then I start to become concerned that maybe we should be trying to fit in another destination. If you have any specific suggestions for Christmas day (probably a beach day right?) or for New Years Eve (where to see the fireworks) that would be helpful. Our budget is not too constrained (though not crazy high) so all suggestions are welcome.