FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Express personal Platinum (USA) metal card
Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:28 pm
Diplomatico

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by iahphx
Any information on this? I have a new AMEX platinum account, and I've been issued metal cards for myself and my companion cards. We don't want metal. I don't want the weight (and will it set off the metal detector at airports?), the pretentiousness, and the occasional questions from servers/merchants as to why I have such a weird card (I average one such query a week). The only plus to me on the metal is that it's now much easier to read the card numbers on the back: the old plastic cards had a unique problem with that where the logo obscured the numbers. I think I'd still rather have the old cards, though.

If I call AMEX, will they ship me plastic replacement cards?

BTW, I already have a US Bank Altitude metal card (I haven't called about that one yet). It weighs 16 grams. My AMEX Platinum weighs 19 grams. It's a lot of weight. FYI, 19 grams is the equivalent of 5 plastic cards.
Might be time to start working out a bit more in the gym.