FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experiences 2017
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:47 pm
davidw70

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Crowne Plaza Basingstoke UK

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Spire Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Very impressed

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked 1 Double Bed Non-Smoking. Received 1 King Bed CP Club

How are the rooms?
Beautifully finished and an amazing transformation from its former life as a Hilton. Club room includes complimentary mini-bar, Nespresso machine and kettle. Bathroom had a very good rain shower with White Company amenities. However, it seems that only half of the hotel has been finished - as soon as you walk upstairs, the corridors look very tired. Renovations are continuing, but you need to make sure you get a renovated room.

How is the exec. lounge?
Didn't manage to use. Was told drinks and appetisers between 5:30-7:30pm. Continental breakfast in the morning

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
Very impressive new rooms. Excellent breakfast in the main restaurant (included in my rate). Large free car park. Good Spire recognition. Health club included a new Sauna/Steam Room that looked very good.

Bad:
Still under renovation.

Value for $ or IHG Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
For a weekend night, it is excellent value as nobody seems to want to stay in Basingstoke over the weekend! During the week, it is more expensive (but so are all hotels in town). The room was 100 times better than the room I've had at the HI Basingstoke in the past - so if pricing is similar, I'd go with the CP

King CP Club Room at CP Basingstoke