FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Silver, Upgrade Questions
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2017, 2:02 pm
xliioper
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BreezwayFlyer
Hi,
I just qualified for Silver last month for the first time. I have an upcoming flight to PVR on 12/31. From the seatmap, C+ and F are completely empty, and the regular preferred seating is nearly empty as well..
What are the rules for upgrades? My reservation says - NOT COMPLIMENTARY UPGRADE ELIGIBLE.
It's a main cabin (X) and (L) fare flight, and I have 3 companions on the same reservation. I was able to select preferred seating for us. Why does it say not complimentary upgrade eligible? Is it because PVR is Mexico instead of US? Will I be able to get C+ or F at the appropriate window assuming availability exists?

Ben
You can only upgrade one companion. If you have more than one companion on your reservation, the system will not process any upgrades which is why it is saying it is not complimentary upgrade eligible. You will need to split the reservation in two if you want to be eligible to upgrade with one companion. However, if you split the reservation, the other companions may lose their preferred seats. The above issue with the system showing routes with J/C/D/I/Z fare classes as being ineligible only occurs when searching for flights and does not relate to your issue which is due to having more than one companion on your reservation.