FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - If Frontier screws up, you're on your own
Old Dec 12, 2017, 10:07 am
c502cid

Programs: 3 Month Delta Plat, UA PP 2.4mm, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Lifetime Diamond, National EE
Long ago, under different ownership, I was flying F9 from MDW-DEN. There was heavy fog at DEN so we circled and circled, with two trips down to COS to re-fuel. This was pre-Airbus F9 and while I was watching out my window seat every other airline land at DEN as we circled, F9's planes weren't certified to fly into it. Finally F9 put us down at COS again and said this is where we stop. They didn't even have a station at COS at the time. America West crew unloaded our bags, while the flight crew disappeared. It was 1am at this point and passengers were crying asking anyone who was still in the airport what to do.

I got in a rental car and drove to DEN to where I picked up my car and drove home. I filled up my car with anyone who wanted to go with me. I felt for all the other passengers trying to figure out what to do next, especially since F9 didn't even fly out of the Springs! F9 denied reimbursing me for my rental car and that was the very last time I flew them. This thread is just a reminder to me that you get what you pay for.