FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Marriott beach location that's not a resort/we can get breakfast?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 9:16 am
funkbandit

Originally Posted by Old Hickory
I apologize for being disruptive to the subject but can someone please explain to me why a free hotel breakfast is a priority when deciding on a travel destination? Am I missing something?
I believe it to be an emotional thing. The feeling that you don't have to worry about paying anything extra, the feeling that MR does something to reward your loyalty and offers this free breakfast so that you can enjoy your vacation. Something along these lines. And if this notion prevails, there is no need to argue about travel expense vs. breakfast expense and what not.

Or, if you were to go on an extended vacation (5+ days), a free breakfast may make for substantial savings. If a place charges som 40 USD per breakfast per person, getting this free would save you 400 USD for a 5 night stay for two persons. Money you can spend on other things like activities or airfare.

And: the OP coupled a free breakfast with an "on beach" Location, so a free brekkie isn't the lone top priority.