FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Baggage meltdown at new YYC terminal this aft
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:11 pm
gcashin

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Could you please elaborate more?
Haha - OK, I'll bite. Baggage delivery times are abysmal, as mentioned earlier, long distances with the new moving walkways operational about 40% of the time, by my estimation, and of course, the joke of a golf cart service as the connection between terminals. They "forgot" to incorporate water stations into the original design, so had to spend a fortune to add them after the fact. And the CATSA Plus system that is supposed to be so good that they didn't need a Nexus lane, should be renamed to CATSA Minus, given that it seems to kick bins off to secondary for no reason whatsoever at an alarming frequency. The design is pretty blah with plenty of long hallways, cheap rubber flooring, and no visual interest. They spent tons of money in the areas where passengers don't spend their time, and cut corners in the areas that passengers actually care about. The YYC airport authority seems to be too busy patting themselves on the back for a job well done to understand the issues.

I'm sorry to hear that OP had to deal with the mess that is the new YYC terminal and that the "state of the art" baggage system is even delaying outbound flights, and not just inbound passengers anymore. As my home airport, I really hope it gets better, but it's a pretty sad state of affairs.