FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2017 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:15 pm
Omba

Programs: BAEC GfL/GGL/CCR, BA Amex, Quidco, IHG Spire, Hotels.com Reinstated Gold)
EU 261 Sun 10th SnowBomb questions

Bit of advice needed if possible.

My son and friend had their 16.00 (ish) flight home from Nice cancelled Sunday, they have been re-booked onto the last flight Monday (21.00 ish)

They have been put up in a hotel but I have a few questions, (having read the EU261 widget)
  • In terms of sustenance throughout Monday, I assume they can keep their receipts, they shouldn't be expected to hang around the airport all day should they?
  • Did they, or do they still, have the option to say, "that 30 hour delay is unreasonable, we want either booking onto another airline or the scope to go home by train at BA's expense"
  • In terms of EU261, my understanding of exceptional circumstances is that weather delays are not valid for claims. However in the main thread I saw this...
15) What about knock-on effects?
This relates to disruption caused by aircraft being in the wrong place, at the wrong time, leading to you being disrupted. For example if you are due to fly from Cape Town to London but your aircraft is still stuck in New York due to a blizzard. In that situation you should be entitled to compensation.
  • Clearly the snow delay was not in Nice itself, so would they therefore come under the scope of the compensation scheme?

Thanks all in advance