FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2017 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:28 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jackharpenden
My question here is am I entitled to 600 euros or 300 euros?
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum jackharpenden, it's good to see you here, though less good to see the circumstances behind it. I hope you will continue to participate here.

My immediate reaction is that you're on 300€, not 600€, but you make a good lawyer-style point about the precise wording. Personally I don't think you will get very far, the intent of the legislation is to get airlines to rebook people more or less on time, and BA kind of did that. The inconvenience of a planned early departure is represented in the 300€. However that's just my view, and the only person who could decide the issue definitively is a judge. I can't see BA being more generous without being forced so to be.