FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bad weather disruption - UK/AMS/NW Europe - 10 & 11 December 2017
Old Dec 9, 2017, 10:01 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Bad weather disruption - UK/AMS/NW Europe - 10 & 11 December 2017

BA have issued a travel advisory for the snow, wind and ice due to hit AMS tomorrow. Details below.

Looking at their forecast, they are expecting snow to fall from 06:00 hrs through to about 15:00 when it turns to sleet and then rain. I would expect some problems at BRU too, though I haven't heard anything. My experience is that when AMS sneezes, LCY goes down with a cold/flu/pneumonia but they only have flights in the afternoon. I've checked the domestic schedule and BRU and so far no other cancellations, but I suspect BHD, MAN and LBA may be at risk, perhaps GLA too.

If you are going to AMS on Sunday on a back to back think carefully before calling, by all means reach out here for advice.

Cancelled:
BA2758 and 2759 LGW departing 07:45 / AMS departing 10:50
BA430 and 431 LHR departing 08:15 / AMS 11:40
BA434 and 434 LHR departing 10:55 / AMS 14:15

If your flight is cancelled you can rebook to another date, on a joint venture airline or get a refund.

------
For flights operating, if you are due to go to AMS on Sunday you can rebook inflexible tickets:

Advice for British Airways-125 ticketed customers whose BA, AA, IB or AY flight is sOPERATING.
Rebook onto BA, AA, IB or AY Joint Business

Airports affected
AMS - Amsterdam
Tickets issued on or before 08 December 2017

Ticket travel dates 10 December 2017
New travel allowed dates: 9TH December – 13TH December 2017

Rebooking Allowance
Rebook into the same class as the original flight or lowest available in the same cabin
Origin/Destination/Stopover changes: No
Refunds Allowed: No
Redemptions included: Yes
Available for Trade: Yes
Important Info: one involuntary ticket change allowed

The jargon free version of the above is that if you are flying to AMS you can either call up BA and rebook to today, or later next week. If you are in LHR/LGW now then you can also get a ticketing agent to help. The advisory is quite new so it is possible that you will need to draw it to the agent's attention.