FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - UAE, KSA, Bahrain and Egypt withdraw licenses and close airspace
Old Dec 9, 2017, 3:00 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by tmac100
I use Priority Pass as a standard lounge access at MENA airports (and elsewhere) when not flying on OW and *A airlines. Works for me in airports like DXB, MCT, YYZ, YWG, and others.

EK, EY, and QR have many connections to many places, but sometimes their hubs are inconvenient as compared to elsewhere, and sometimes they do not fly to my destination (even through their hub).

I call my approach just using "multiple redundancies".
I have Lounge Key & virtually always fly premium cabins so am always covered one way or another lounge-wise. However, I rate HKG First (CX) lounges as about the best in the world & the BA First Lounge at LHR a step above the dull Galleries lounges, so OW Emerald works well for me. Fortunate as my travels take me via those destinations regularly. I must admit I am getting jaded with the so-called “loyalty” game & may "play the field" going forward..