FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I am a man - should I move me away from kids
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:16 pm
Platy

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Where the agent went wrong was to state that that was the reason. The agent should have just said that it was an operational issue
...so potentially an attempt to hide discrimination under the excuse of "operational issue" ?! Not sure that would wash if a discrimination case was brought against the airline.

And a logical absurdity. If the airline want to claim the policy is there to appease customers' (parents / guardians) perceptions (as you suggest and VA has stated) then the policy has no value unless overtly admitted to and openly applied by the airline.

In any case, surely such perceptions are fuelled (at least in part) by the reality of datasets (such as those generated by the Royal Commission), which indicate that folk should have a genuine concern about the incidence of child abuse. Genuine problems, not idle allegations, that provide the context to the debate.

PS. Reportedly staff on a BA flight once tried to separate Boris Johnson from his own children! Priceless.