FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: CIBC Aerogold VISA Infinite Privilege & Altitude Status Question
Old Dec 7, 2017, 9:36 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jc94
FWIW I got 2 bags as P25k and I think I used that status to get 1 checked bag (for free) in early Feb on. TB flight. I was P25k in 2016 however so AC may have enhanced the service... But that said the altitude website still says 2 x 23kg and shows reduced MLL vouchers so I’m assuming it’s up to date for 2018.

You may to remove and re add AP number to booking for status benefits (like Z3 boarding) to check in.

I thought status was live from whenever you selected? They advertise it as “you have now qualified”. But they don’t promise it will happen until March because it takes AC 8-12 weeks to post most of their packages.

I could be wrong here I’m about to become a FOTSG Tangerine Minion.
The year I first gained status, I was able to get some lounge access before the status was actually in effect, and the year I first made SE (qualified with flights on December 30th), I had SE on all my BPs etc as soon as it posted.

So, in both cases, I was enjoying benefits of a status that technically hadn't come in to effect yet. This is why I suggested OP may be able to do the same.