FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL: CMB-AMS-LAX-HNL-OGG-LAX-SAN-LAS O/W $298, 16,257 miles, 1.7cpm
Old Dec 7, 2017, 3:48 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by greycap7
Hey all, thanks for your thoughts. I’m still alive and flying from LAX to MSP currently. CMB that night was a nightmare, I think I spent nearly an hour in their back room just sweating and waiting. At one point I was convinced that they would send me back. However finally I was allowed to go. I somehow negotiated a car to take me to Weligama that night (I have a lot of Marriott points and hotels in Colombo were too expensive for my liking).

I got to Weligama Marriott and it truly is a fantastic property not to mention really good value.

Then I got sick... I think I ate something bad somewhere and caught a stomach bug.

Then my boss called me. He said that I needed to be in Amsterdam for a meeting on the 11th. That meant flying home, picking up my suit and my things and flying back to Amsterdam.

So anyways a day later I went back to Colombo to catch my flight onwards to Amsterdam, Los Angeles, Hawaii, etc...

However I made a snap decision to fly back home after my flight to Los Angeles and skip the rest of the segments.

I’ll do a longer write up soon on the TR forum.
So you didn't complete it? Ouch. That sucks. Post a link here when you publish a write-up.

I'd never eat or drink in Sri Lanka except at a Marriott.