FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX V class flight eligible for 100% mileage but zero with MH Enrich
Old Dec 7, 2017, 3:22 pm
ftrichard

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by JAXBA
Are you a member of any other oneworld airline programmes? You could try retro-crediting your flight there instead if you were a member at the time you took the flight.

If you weren't a member of any others at the time, it's probably a loss now, as most programmes don't allow crediting from before you joined, although CX might since it was their own flight.

While MH may be your primary programme, it can sometimes make sense to have a secondary or additional programme(s) even in the same alliance, just for this type of situation. If you'd rather not have multiple programmes to keep track of, then some fares just aren't going to earn you any miles, but it can still be worth adding your MH number anyway, especially if you have status, etc. You never know, MH might update the eligible classes one day, and if your number wasn't in there because it didn't earn before then you'd miss out.
That's a good idea. TBH, I've not encountered this before. I've used Qatar, BA and Royal Jordanian and got credit for flights with Enrich (and Emirates - no tier points) so I've not looked out for this before. While rules are rules, I don't understand how flights can be eligible for 100% miles on the carrying OneWorld airline but not in the partner programme. No matter, it is what it is.

I moved to Shenzhen this year so HKG is my nearest airport and CX will be my dominant carrier moving forward so makes sense to open with them if the majority of my CX flights will not credit to MH. Which, now I know to check, they won't.

Thanks.