FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Accelerate Q1 2018 (1st January to 30th April)
Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:36 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Nirvana91
I'm a bit confused as to whether or not we can actually start booking these now in order to meet the requirements (assuming we stay between the January 1st and April 30th dates). The T&C's of most of my goals don't seem to mention the date of booking, but then for my goal of "Spend on Your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card" it says "Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded when you purchase a qualified night Stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card between 1 January 2018 and 30 April 2018 (both dates inclusive)." To me that could possibly be interpreted as meaning it should only be booked starting January 1.
I have that language for that task as well and I interpret that to mean that the charge date on the credit card has to be within the promo period. So there would perhaps only be issues for pre-paid stays if a property actually does charge in advance.

Worse is that on ONE (but only one) of my stay related tasks (the Weekend stay one), it seems to indicate that the booking has to take place during the promo period:

"Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after member books and consumes required number of Qualifying Stays, including a Saturday Stay and for a minimum of 2 nights, between 1 January 2018 and 30 April 2018 (both dates inclusive)"

Compare that to the language on all my other stay related tasks, such as:

"Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after the required number of qualifying room nights have been consumed by the member at any IHG brand hotels between 1 January 2018 and 30 April 2018 (both dates inclusive)"