FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability – 2017 and Later
Old Dec 5, 2017, 9:57 am
AICML

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I'm not sure if the Boise call center knows how to book Cathay flights. I ended getting 3 different reps from Boise for Cathay flights I was booking - 2 could not find any availability and 1 had difficulty booking the flights and ended up hanging up on me. When I called the Seattle call centers they were able to find the flights, book the flights, and also find the flight and book the flight the person from Boise failed to release back to inventory after he hung up on me. I would recommend if you get the Boise call center and are booking Cathay flights to hang up and call back until you get Seattle. Otherwise they might tell you no award availability when there is since they don't know how to search for it properly and even if they do find it might have difficulty booking it.

Other data points -

Alaska availability matched BA and Cathay websites on the first flights I booked. For the return flights BA showed no availability, Cathay showed availability, and Alaska showed availability.

On the first tickets booked the award tickets showed middle names on the second set of tickets the middle name was not on the award ticket. I asked the agent and she said she added the middle name. I assume from reading the Cathay forum that it's in the secure flyer field but not reflected on the actual ticket.