FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos - mistake rate not honoured - advice?
Old Dec 5, 2017, 8:45 am
YOWflyer81

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos - mistake rate not honoured - advice?

Two weeks ago I booked a 5-night stay from April 16-21 for 4 adults in an Ocean View Master Double at the Hyatt Ziva in Los Cabos, Mexico for what I believed was either a Black Friday sale of sorts or a mistake rate. My reservation was $1,452USD for 5 nights. I discovered the price through one of the blogs, so never booked any non-refundable items like flights or anything like that. I made my reservation through Booking.com.

Yesterday, I had contacted Hyatt to confirm that everything was alright with my reservation and that they would accept 4 adults in the room (as the website states that it is intended for 2 adults, and 2 children).

This morning I awoke to an e-mail from Booking.com stating that it was an error, but they offered me a compromise price of $2,565USD. It still seems like a reasonable price, but not the deal I had first anticipated.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice in negotiating or seeking mediation to ensure that the original price is honoured in a situation such as this. My e-mail from booking.com is below:

Thank you for choosing Booking.com.
We tried to contact you by telephone to discuss an error in the rates for your booking with Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos - All Inclusive, but it was not the appropriate time.
We apologize on behalf of Booking.com and Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos - All Inclusive for this error. The actual rate for Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos - All Inclusive is $4275, and not $1452.8 as mentioned on your reservation.
We ask for your understanding in reaching a middle ground. The accommodation has confirmed that they would like to offer you rate of $2565.
Please consider this offer, and contact us at your earliest convenience to confirm if you can accept it. We thank you for your understanding and we are available 24 hours a day to help reach an agreeable solution.
Please note the incorrect rates cannot be accepted by the property since is an obvious mistake.
This falls under the Terms and conditions specify on Booking.com webpage, for your convenience we have added the link below.

Thank you again for choosing Booking.com.
Kind regards,
--

Booking.com Customer Service Team