FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Empty Seat Etiquette - Who is the [jerk]?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 12:46 pm
LondonElite
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by kaka
i would have rung the bell and get the FA to remove the pax on a seat that he/she did not pay.
if the FA wouldnt do it i would complain about him/her for her lack of safety precaution then warn the board.

then again, this is FT. i think the OP was rather nice to the other dude already. i really would have done worse.
Spilling wine to a seat where noone was assigned to really wasnt that much of a deal.
i would get the FA to be involved to remove the actual PERSON sitting in an unassigned seat.

having personal items on an empty seat is one thing, having an actual person sitting on an unassigned seat would be safety issue that I would raise to a cabin crew member.

imagine this: (touchwood) a plane getting in an accident and they do not find the person buckled up in that seat.
no, i would get the cabin crew involved in telling that person to get back in its assigned seat due to safety reasons. if touchwood the plane got involved in an accident then he/she needs to be able to be located.

I only accept someone moving to my neighbouring seat if it was physical barriers of a whole armrest, or if a cabin crew moves me to a more desirable seat (yes, double standard it is)
nothing on an unassigned seat next to me is personal (as above, see the wine spill theory). Then again, i would sit on the unassigned seat and tell off anyone sitting on my actual seat.
Are you for real?