FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Calculator for SQM, Aeroplan miles, & SQD
Old Dec 3, 2017, 10:40 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Added new airports ANU, PTP, KIN, MBJ. Added mileage to YYZ and/or YUL. Added some mileages from IST to SIN, BKK.
Since some jackass keeps vandalizing the sheet, would you mind just posting them here?

Originally Posted by canadiancow
@Jumper Jack, do you know if the spreadsheet could be updated to query a MySQL database instead of using that mileage table? I have one that I made a long time ago, and it should be fairly easy to import updated values.

[...]

The issue that stopped me was that the distances that AC uses for AQD is different than what is used for AQM.

[...]

And I was too frustrated by that discrepancy to continue /
Your fears are overblown. Using AQM distances has been accurate within fractions of a percentage point in every case that I've tried, as long as one has the correct amount for AQD. Also, when I've challenged them a couple of times on itineraries, they've showed me their math and they use the AQM distance. Maybe that's only for manual verification or re-calculation cases, but the bottom line is that this works just fine.

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Can you show me exactly where the code is that calculates the haversine distance?
Column I on the calculator sheet.

Last edited by Braindrain; Dec 3, 2017 at 11:39 pm Reason: Personal attack