FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ambassador renewal
View Single Post
Old Dec 3, 2017, 9:00 pm
PayItForward

Originally Posted by puchong
Since we are now in December, I checked on the link in my IHG control panel to possibly renew my Ambassador membership. Nowhere does it indicate that renewal will result in a complimentary Ambassador Weekend certificate as in previous years. Has this benefit / feature been withdrawn for 2018 or am I missing something?
I renewed a few months back but nevertheless, current language suggest the BOGO Certificate is still available.
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...nd-certificate

TERMS AND CONDITIONS1. Only available to InterContinental Ambassador members.

2. Upon purchase and renewal of InterContinental® Ambassador status, an Ambassador "Complimentary Weekend Night Certificate" (the "Certificate") is awarded. Each Certificate is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and is redeemable in conjunction with a minimum two-night weekend stay when booking the Ambassador "Weekend rate" at any InterContinental Hotels & Resorts property (not valid at any other IHG® hotel brands). The Certificate is valid for one complimentary room night on the second night of a paid Ambassador "Weekend rate" booking and may only be booked online (www.intercontinental.com/AMBWeekend) or by contacting the Ambassador Service Center at [email protected]. The Certificate is not valid on any other rates or for suite bookings. Advance reservations required. Rooms on the Ambassador "Weekend rate" are subject to availability. The original Certificate must also be presented at time of check-in to the hotel or the hotel may decline the booking. One Certificate may be used per stay. Certificates are valid only for the member who has InterContinental Ambassador status, and are not transferable. Sale or barter of the Certificate will render it void. The Certificate is valid for room and tax only. Reward Nights do not apply in conjunction with the Certificate. Certificate cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or free night offer.

3. Please note that the reservation will show full rate on both nights during the online booking process. This will be adjusted by the hotel on check-in to reflect as complimentary on the second night only when member presents the original Certificate. "Weekend" is determined as follows: Friday, Saturday and Sunday, except in the Middle East where hotels may define the weekend as Thursday, Friday and Saturday.