FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gambero Rosso: 100 Best Pastry Shops in Italy for 2018
Old Dec 2, 2017, 10:36 am
Perche

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Gambero Rosso: 100 Best Pastry Shops in Italy for 2018

Gambero Rosso, Italy's equivalent rating system to the Michelin Guide, recently published their ratings of the best pizza in Italy for 2018. The results were posted in this Forum. Recently, they published the Gambero Rosso Guide to the best 100 pastry shops in Italy. To make this understand, I suggest that unless you are fluent in Italian, just scroll down to the list towards the bottom. Whereas Michelin uses three stars, GR uses, "three cakes" to rate pastry shops. There are some sub-categories that can be ignored, like best new pastry shop. I suggest scrolling down to where it says, "Tre Torte," or 3 cakes, of which 21 were rated in Italy. The best in all of Italy was Cafe Veneto, in Brescia, not too far from Venice, in Lombardy.

Then for simplicity's sake, I'd skip some of the next sub-categories and go to, "Le Megliori Due Torte." These would be the equivalent of Michelin two star, of which there are 60. I don't see that the "Una Torta has been published, at least not for free. One thing is clear, if you want the best food in Italy, whether it is dinner, gelato, pastry, with the exception of Milan possibly Rome, the best places are not in the cites where tourists throng. For example, Florence and Venice did not have one pastry shop that made the list. Small and medium size towns are where you need to go. It makes sense, because there isn't much of a rationale to sell good food in towns flooded with tourists. It's there if you can find it, but in all of these "best places" lists, going off the beaten path is where you need to be.

http://www.gamberorosso.it/it/food/1...ica-e-premiati

Last edited by Perche; Dec 2, 2017 at 11:02 am