FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2017
Old Dec 2, 2017, 12:07 am
VaBeachGirl

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
IC Presidente Cancun

IC Presidente Cancun
Were you (or for multi-stayers are you
generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
In general, Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked King Oceanfront, received King Club Oceanfront on 6th floor. I really think this is a one category upgrade... The concierge ahead of time said a one category upgrade would have been a King Club Lagoon view (since RAs get Club Access included, wouldn't a lagoon view be a downgrade?). I read other reviews previously where Spire Ambassadors booked standard rooms and got upgraded to amazing Oceanfront suites so as an RA, I was definitely disappointed with the upgrade.

How are the rooms?
Beautiful views plus a full balcony. Modern, with a couch, coffee table, desk but not a single dresser and only one small drawer in one of the nightstands . The bathroom area has individual cubicles for the toilet and shower but the rest is open. It might be awkward if you're not staying with a significant other!
​​​​
How is the exec. lounge?
It's on the ground floor, next to reception and has an unusual layout. Very big with not a lot of people inside. There is a terrace outside which is amazing, though.
The breakfast buffet had a minimal selection of hot and cold items. The bonus was so many different hot sauces and salsa to choose from. Nothing made to order (from what I could tell).
Every night, there was a minimal variety of hot and cold items. Beer and wine, is self serve. Liquor is available from the bartender.
The lounge is only open for breakfast (630am - 1030am) and cocktail hour (6pm-8pm). You can't really just pop in during the day for some fruit or a bottle of water (again, from what I could tell)
** the club does have a huge selection of books, in case you run out of things to read at the beach!

Did you receive a welcome gift?
A bottle of anise liquor, some crackers and bruschetta in a jar. Received water daily. Also received vouchers for 2 free drinks at the bar.

How was the minibar?
Very basic. 6 Mexican beers, one small bottle each of rum, whisky, gin, tequila, vodka, a few mixers (nothing diet or reduced calories). No wine!?

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
  • Recognized as RA on check-in
  • The staff was friendly
  • Location and views were incredible
  • ​​It's on an amazing beach
  • The room balcony was very nice to relax with a drink
    -Bad
  • Minimal room upgrade?
​​​​​​
  • Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
    Yes, I had a great rate!