FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VX Preferred Seats and Main Cabin Select (MCS) Upgrades Now Available for AS Elites
Old Nov 30, 2017, 3:29 pm
halamadrid

Originally Posted by ucdtim17
AS-purchased VX flight today. Was added to MCS list by twitter a while ago and upgrade went through, but couldn't check in to flight yesterday. 30+ min on the phone yesterday to be able to get a seat assignment and check in. They said my birth date somehow got detached from the reservation. There appears to still be some miscommunication between systems.
Originally Posted by dmodemd
Oddly, on my last flight I had two reservations showing after MCS clearing and could not check-in. I was also asked to provide my birthday which I thought was strange. Something is screwy if it is popping out birthday on clearing MCS.
If you have a profile with VX (Elevate account) that is tied to AS you will normally be able to see VX flights that you booked through AS. If the flights are not showing up that's an indication that the DOB did not transfer. Another indicator that I've found is if you pull up the reservation through the VX website in order to pick your seats and it tells you that you can't because you have to wait til check in. This is not the case, and it's the missing DOB that is not allowing access to the seat map. When you call VX if you ask them for a seat they may also tell you that you have to wait til check-in because they are not looking at the DOB issue so I recommend calling and just asking to see if your DOB transferred over. Once they fix that, you should be able to go online and pick your seat.