FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where are you going next?
View Single Post
Old Nov 30, 2017, 4:10 am
Pausanias

Macmyday's itinerary is impressive . . . but he's a travel agent now and that might have quite an impact on his circumstances. I'm glad to see he has become a safari addict as previously I thought he was only interested in candy and blackout blinds. There is a world outside a hotel room and in Africa he seems to have found it, though I would counsel him to be more tolerant of camps' desire to bring guests together. You commune with nature, commune with animals and commune with humans also.

I'd also advise him to have a look at Tahiti itself. It really is a stunningly beautiful place and Papeete has a great vibe, I think. Dinner at one of the roulottes down by the harbour in Papeete, with Moorea in the background, is a great experience. The IC is about as authentic as Disneyland.

Anyway, looking forward to your views on the Brando as well as those Botswana camps. Friends of ours went to Kings Pool and thought it had the best wildlife viewing of anywhere they've been. They went in the dry season, September I believe.

Last edited by Pausanias; Nov 30, 2017 at 4:16 am