FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Understanding the United Upgrade List Comprehensively {Archive}
Old Nov 29, 2017, 5:17 pm
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by DLrunner
I have seen flavors of this question below but was not sure that's what happened today. This was for my flight from the West Coast to DC today. I was first on the upgrade wait list until about 75 minutes before my flight with 1 seat still available in First. Then someone else got upgraded and I remained first on the wait list and sat in the back. I can't believe that someone bought a FC ticket just 75 minutes before the flight or that a GS flyer showed up at the last minute. Also saw the guy who got upgraded and he did not at all look like a FAM. So no idea why someone leapfrogged me on the upgrade list.
What is your status and what fare were you on?

As noted, the published upgrade waitlist list only shows checked in passengers. If a pax with higher priority checks in at T-75, there goes the upgrade.

As a 1K flying on a U or E fare, I've been jumped in this manner by GS many times.