FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:51 am
JBord

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CJKatl

Sorry to have not mentioned it earlier but your insights are appreciated. There are such good choices in Bangkok. Hopefully each person can read the many reviews and determine which property is right for him/her. No choice is bad, which makes it even harder to choose which is right for a specific person/stay/issue.
Re-reading my response, it may have looked like I thought you were picking on my summary, but I knew you were not!

But you're right, this is exactly why I posted my two experiences. When I was deciding, I read probably 100's of posts stating the Marquis was the best Marriott (or whatever hotel someone loved). But I didn't read a lot in terms of comparing the key features and benefits, at least not in one easy to find place. Just because someone loved the Marquis might mean they usually get upgraded to a big suite, and that is more important to them than location or breakfast, for example. And as a measly Gold (until the end of December anyway, then Plat!), things like lounges are more important to me than unlikely upgrades or Platinum arrival gifts, so I try to provide that point of view which I believe is different than a Platinum.

With all the great Marriott properties in Bangkok, I think it would be really helpful for more people to post facts on key amenities at each property. Consider this a formal encouragement of such behavior!