FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aerospace Bristol (Concorde museum) visit and DO | 24 Feb 2018
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:10 pm
BotB

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Now tallied up the interest on the three dates and the 24th Feb. will be the date of the DO given that more people can attend that date than any other and it allows a bit more time to plan for people or arrange flights/hotels as needed. My apologies to those that were interested in other dates or that cannot attend the 24th....it's always going to be a compromise on these things trying to find dates that work for everyone, I hope you'll visit the museum another time and that I'll get the opportunity to catch up with you at another venue/DO/flight.

The 24th Feb. (Saturday) is not when the Bristol area schools have half term holidays (they are the week before = 12th to 16thFeb)so that is good news in terms of planning and ensuring we don't get overrun by children at the museum...but this date may be during the half term week in other regions so please do check and make sure your other half/your kids have not made other arrangements for you if you do happen to live where the half term holidays are the week before the DO (19th to 23rd Feb) as the DO Saturday may be when you are flying back from somewhere else! Please do not misunderstand me, I have no issue with children (and they are welcome to come along for the museum tour with a responsible adult), just wanted to make sure that people are considering that they may be otherwise engaged during this date...

11 people expressed interest on the 24th Feb, 9 on the 20th Jan, and 7 for the earlier 6th Jan for the record!

So, please do put this date in your calendar and I'll post more details soon about where to stay, transport options, and other items...looking forward to seeing you all on the 24th Feb. 2018.

All are welcome to attend and please do spread the word. Any questions please do post them and I'll do my best to answer them asap.

Cheers, BotB!