FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Safari- Luggage Help!
View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:36 pm
Mike Jacoubowsky

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by cheltzel
We used Shuttle King for our airport-hotel transfers at JNB and as transportation from our hotel to the De Wildt Cheetah Centre.

We were underwhelmed by both drivers. I shudder at the thought of getting one of these drivers for a long term transfer between JNB and one of the lodges in the Kruger Park area. The driver who took us to the De Wildt Cheetah Centre got lost and I had to fire up Google Maps on my phone to bail him out. BTW this was my first trip to ZA so I had no local knowledge whatsoever.

It could be we were just unlucky with the drivers from Shuttle King. But personally I would be hesitant to book them for something bigger. And they are just about the highest reviewed transfer company on TA (and one of the more expensive as well), Who would I book as an alternative?
If possible, I would recommend booking through the place you're staying. The fewer people pointing fingers at others, the better. And in all likelihood the place you're staying has a lot more to lose, from bad reviews, than the people transporting you.

My experience with the transport from Kruger (Nelspruit area) to JNB was perhaps a bit underwhelming as well, but not terrible. Just a large and fairly-comfortable van driving a long distance over roads that weren't terribly interesting. But might have been different on the way in, when we might not have been so tired and willing to engage the driver in conversation. Except that this particular driver's Afrikaner accent was so extreme his English was barely intelligible. He had good command of English, just spoke it in a way my ears had a real tough time deciphering.