FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mile and Point conferences--which is best and why?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 1:05 pm
Adam1222

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Absolutely.

I guess I mean to say I don't find IB to be non-problematic as a pusher of credit card products and operator of FT (not that it keeps me from posting here). Everyone has an angle. Bloggers, seminar holders, IB, FT posters who want multi-thousand dollar premium travel products for pennies on the dollar... so I guess this piuts me more on Raffles and sbm12's side of things. -shrug-
And the commercial nature of FT is certainly a valid topic of discussion in my book. The specific issue here is whether an ordinary reader reading a post about how great an event like FTU Is understands that the blogger has a direct financial stake in selling that event. There seems to be a conflation here between my call for transparency and a suggestion that all for-profit behavior is bad. I never said the latter. If every blogger who wrote about FTU and stood to make commission off ticket sales had the clear disclosure you identified, I truly would not have an issue with the blogger posting about FTU.