FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Nov 28, 2017, 10:35 am
NachoHoughton

Programs: UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Post Case Update 11/28

Originally Posted by mia
It sounds as if your USA credit history is short, and your file is thin. Did you recently move to the USA from another country, perhaps the country you intend to visit?
I agree with your observation in that my credit history is short and file thin. But I think it's simply because I haven't lived long enough to have an extensive credit history, as I just turned 20. If this helps putting my case in context, I am a full-time college student and working part-time (with salary in the mid five figures).

Quick update:

Today I received letters for both of my accounts stating that the reasons for my cc closures were:

• Not enough credit info on file
  • The accounts on your credit report have not been open long enough
The letters were, in a sense, a slight relief to me, since Chase didn't accuse me of abusing the cc programs, which I didn't. However, it still seem absurd to me that Chase would approve both those cards in the first place and then shut them down, effectively furthering dinging my credit history with not one, but two closed accounts with a 3- and 1-month history. I hope that you all can see why I feel like I am being treated unfairly.

Moving forward, I would really like to do everything I can to have my accounts reinstated. Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated!