FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA : LAX/OTHERS - LAS VEGAS/OTHERS RT. FROM $55 includs 4 nights hotel
Old Nov 28, 2017, 4:58 am
maverikbc

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Originally Posted by veeRob
Looks like your flight might be Basic Economy FYI. And as far as hotels, I'd recommend spending $20 more to stay at Harrah's rather than Stratosphere... nicer hotel & better area. Beware that most hotels have ~$30/day "resort fee."

Getting out of Basic Economy and choosing the cheapest room at Harrah's comes out to $83.69 after the coupon. Since the flight itself is $87.41, you're basically getting a Harrah's room for just the cost of the resort fee, plus the 1,000 AA miles. Good deal, but I'm based in SAN so can't make it work for me.
I thougt this was a good deal until I researched on resort fees: both stratosphere and harrah's charge whopping $30/night. For 4 nights, it's $120 plus around 13%tax according to this site:
https://www.lasvegasjaunt.com/las-vegas-resort-fees-2017-guide/

since they started doing this, I started boycotting Las Vegas, but people keep going there.

by the way, cheapest dates seem having nothing to do with fares found on Google flights, but Sunday to Thursdays trips seem the cheapest.