FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New food in Plus (737): The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Old Nov 27, 2017, 3:35 pm
ricktoronto

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Well, sorry to tell you that AC service generally can't be considered any of those terms you mentioned, so you were lucky indeed. Pleasantly indifferent. It's not coach but it is nothing like competitors like Cathay where such experience is routine. Even on Copa or Avianca their service is better, without being forced. I think the flight attendants have a more service forward attitude of their jobs. More of a "yes" attitude than a "if I have to, OK" attitude.
And I think WS Plus on 737 is not worse, service wise (or better). They are cheery enough for me, not any more or less than AC, for the class of service. The pod (on any airline) clearly is better than a Plus seat but Plus is sold as PE not J so that's reasonable to expect from WS. One of their biggest failings in Plus is sticking with the absurd 3X3 seating with the blocked seat. There is no shortage of 2X2 seating available. Especially for 737.

As for the whole meal conundrum, the snacks are available and free for Plus per this exchange today with WestJet. The one meal choice for now might be itinerant with this new food provider business, I guess we will see. I see there is a "if" we stock the snacks but since it's a business for them I doubt they will not stock snacks on long haul flights. So in a pinch cheese and sausage, Pringles and Twizzlers for lunch.

"Hi (my name), we have recently made changes to our buy-on-board menu and the food services available to our Plus guests, concurrent with our switch to a new food provider. During this switch we are limited to the number of choices we will be providing. However, as long as the aircraft has been fully stocked with other light snacks all Plus guest are eligible to receive them as a perk of flying Plus. We hope this answer yours questions. ~(Ws name)"

I stand corrected on the duration. There's no way I'd fly 7 hours 22 minutes on WS Plus in 737. Food or no food. My trip next week to SJO or flights to YVR are pretty much the limit for PE on any airline.

Last edited by ricktoronto; Nov 27, 2017 at 3:43 pm