FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Safari- Luggage Help!
View Single Post
Old Nov 27, 2017, 12:29 pm
vbnet

Originally Posted by isabeloh
Hi, vbnet. We haven't made a final choice yet, but Transfer You Shuttles and Shuttle King get good reviews on TA and both offer private drivers from JNB to the entire Kruger area. (Transfer You shows a rate of ~2500ZAR for 2 from JNB to Nelspruit one way which I've been using as a data point. One we finalize our lodge choices, I was going to ask the lodges for their recommendations and then compare the 3-4 price-wise. It really does pay for us in flexibility for both luggage and schedule, and I don't mind spending the extra time on the road.
So that's about $182 for the two of you, one way. Is that for only 2 of you being transported, or they can fill the van? I picked a date in March and on SAA it would be about $115 each.

When we flew SAA, my dh, had a carryon which was checked on the tarmac. I had a large catchall purse (with tablet, ereader, wallet & sunglasses) and my camera bag (tenba 13 - carrying two Sony A6xxx, a 70-200mm, 85mm, 16-70mm). It wasn't a problem putting those things in the overhead but I had to be super watchful as to other people jamming in their bags. I'm 5'8", dh is 6'2" and we both are far from skinny. The seats were VERY compact. The only thing that got me thru the flight is it was only an hour (we went to HDS). Flying HDS to CPT for 3 hours was obnoxious but unfortunately necessary.

Can't wait to hear who you settle on and get the review afterwards =)