FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - aeromexico 777-200 retirements?
View Single Post
Old Nov 27, 2017, 9:26 am
bgriff

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by emancj
Drats. That doesn't help. On the other hand I've been told out of the 3 remaining 2 are the ones delivered to AM from Boeing, and only one is the ex-Varig.

Still.I'll keep checking to see if anything changes.

Thanks!
I flew a roundtrip MEX-EZE over the last week on these birds and the two cabins were different, so I guess I had both versions -- not sure which was which. Seats were identical between the two. One aircraft had two lavs in the front plus two lavs at door 2, for a generous total of 4 lavs in J, while the other only had 2 lavs at door 2 for J (as far as I could tell). The one with 4 lavs had a ridiculous amount of extra space in front of row 1, where I was seated, but unless you wanted to have a large dog lying in front of you or something, it was otherwise wasted space since the slightly more constrained 2 lav config still had enough space at row 1 to fully recline.

In any case, row 6 is very close to the lavs in either config.

If you still have the choice, I'd probably go for any remaining pair by the windows, even if it means no choice of meal. The seats are pretty tight, and not ideal for traveling next to a stranger, but fine enough for a couple if sitting by the windows. And I don't know what routes you're flying but the EZE-MEX flight is very easy to sleep the entire time and not have a meal anyway (or if you are having the meal, presumably you have a choice of meals even near the back since many others sleep through it).