FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: UA only (2017-2019)
Old Nov 24, 2017, 9:30 pm
lbotez

Originally Posted by JHake10
I think people see the AMEX Plat (Personal/Business) and CSR have similar AFs and think they are the same. While there may be overlap, these are pretty different products. Your AF for AMEX goes to perks such has their own lounge network, hotel status, Uber, and others. While the AF for the CSR goes to higher point earnings, and redeeming those points at a higher value.

Additionally, you mention your 35% rebate which means you have the business card. When using your points back on that, it works out to $0.0154 per point, which slightly edges the CSR at $0.015 per point. I agree its annoying AMEX makes you book airfare through them for the 5x (Business only). However, there typically isn't any disadvantage to doing this (like there are with pre-paid hotels).

For my UA credit, I charge in a UA Club membership and affectively get 200 off the top, which I think is a good value for me. YMMV.
first: I did mean the Amex Centurion Lounges. Most are quite nice, somewhat crowded, but some of my favorite lounges. There just aren't enough of them.

In regard to the 35% rebate; I had no idea the personal Amex Plat card didn't have that. Honestly? And it's $550 a year??? Seriously, Amex needs to get their heads examined. And the Uber benefit I could care less about...

CSR I can get 3X for restaurants and travel and then get 1.5X for using the rewards for airfare.