FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - need help with plans for 4 days in BA
View Single Post
Old Nov 24, 2017, 7:07 am
RobertWill

Programs: AA, DL
Originally Posted by susiesan
RobertWill:

Any thoughts on which of the companies running day trips to Tigre Delta would be a good one to use? Since our prior cruise stop before BA is Montevideo a visit to Colonia might be needed then.
Let me ask around about Tigre, but I don't know of anyone off the top of my head.

Generally speaking there two ways to do Tigre IMO:
1. Take the train into Tigre, walk over to the Puerto de Frutos and explore for a few hours. Walk along the river and have a nice stroll. Return. The Puerto is a large outdoor market full of booths selling everything from gaucho knives to homemade honey. There are also permanent fixtures that sell furniture and nic nacs.
2. Get to Tigre and take one of the "boat buses" or hire on a private "taxi boat" and go island hopping. You'll find these restaurant sort of resorts that are good for day trips, relaxing in the sun by the river, ping pong tables, soccer fields. They have kitchens so lunch/snacks won't be an issue.

I highly recommend doing something by boat. It's pretty unique seeing the delta island way of life. All the stores are stocked with supplies brought over by boats, bus boats, pier boat bus stops, taxi boats.