FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Loaded Magazine Found in Carry On Bag - Consequences?
Old Nov 23, 2017, 8:21 am
Knoxie

Loaded Magazine Found in Carry On Bag - Consequences?

I dont know if this the right section if not im sorry. Was going to visit my in-laws for Thanksgiving. I woke up late after working the late the night before. So my wife packed my bag. We got our boarding pass amd went thru TSA as usual. Then my bag was flagged. I thought nothing of it. Then the TSA lady pulled out a load magazine (for my glock 23). My heart sank, i got scared. I apologize and said i didnt know that was in there. The lady didnt say anything. A police officer came over. I heard her said something on the line of "im not writing this up" or something. The TSA lady took a picture of the ammo, mag, my id. But they didnt interview me, detain me or question me. Neither did they write any report. (The TSA only wrote my name and phone number and id info on a piece of white paper. They didnt tell me to expect anything in the mail or anything. They just asked if i want my mag and ammo back (late for flight) so i just surrender it and they sent me on my way. So whats next? A fine? Court date? Special treament when i go tru TSA? Will i lose my CCL?