FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nicest Hotel in Marrakech
View Single Post
Old Nov 23, 2017, 7:25 am
yhm85

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Thanks for your thoughts Macmyday. We stayed at Amanjena and loved it. Service was very good albeit this was before they had the uh strike. I found Nicolas to be an absolutely stellar GM. Agree that food was a weak spot; however; we found breakfast to be very good (though we always took it in room). Loved having a fire and the heated outdoor private pool was absolutely perfect (probably one of the best private pools we’ve had!).

One other gripe would be the pool Madison’s are right next to each other so noise can carry I think....

fdw
Jumping into the thread (new contributor and relatively new to Amans).. I'm currently debating whether to spend 3 nights at the Royal Mansour or Amanjena for (sister's) birthday trip in mid Dec. My first experience with Aman was in Bali this summer (Dari and Kila) and found Dari to be a huge disappointment from the GM / service perspective while Kila was stunning across the board.

I am a bit worried about Amanjena as my email to the GM Nicolas (where I mentioned the birthday) received a formulaic response (copy/paste email; you should hire the tent) and absolutely no response since. In contrast, a similar email to the RM *reservation agent*, resulted in a far warmer and less 'sales-driven' response.

Thoughts?