FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QF WP's off to LHR - conundrum and questions
Old Jun 10, 2004, 11:46 pm
QF WP

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Cool All these replies

Wow, I didn't expect such a lot of discussion about my trip, but certainly some posts need responses.

ozzie, that makes perfect sense to try and get 110% rather than 25%, I will try and see what I can do. Never having "upgraded" from WHY to WT+ before (only ever paid for W or T class tickets), how do I go about it?? Is it done before ticketing, or done at the airport?? QF does not codeshare on this flight (or so I was told by Premium Desk CSA who I spoke to).

Budgetary constraints laid down by Mrs QF WP (and agreed by me) were the reason, as we have some expensive "out of pocket" medical expenses between October and December and we are concerned about those. Might be able to slip this under the guard though...if I have a very successful June at work (looking quite likely too!!).

Prague was chosen by Mrs QF WP as "her" side-trip because she loves it and wants to show me around; mine was Hong Kong because I want to catch up with DrD, MrsDrD and DrDJunior (and see clients/friends over there, to make it nicely tax deductible).

Swanhunter, I think we should be able to arrange that ^ - I'm allowed one afternoon of FT don't you think ?? I met Dave Noble on my last trip and missed Globaliser, so once we have "organised" our itinerary this weekend, I'll come back with the pertinent date, time and place. Presumably will be somewhere like a pub in Central London.

Believe me all, Tallinn sounds great after reading NM's RTW trip report and discussing it briefly with him subsequently. alas, it didn't fit in with plans...there's always next time (2015 from the looks of it).

ajinlondon, believe me I have taken the BA WT+ SYD/SIN, MEL/SIN and SYD/BKK (BA now have my business on those routes over the inferior QF WHY seat, particularly at these prices). As mentioned above, budgetary constraints are the biggest thing at present and we aren't flying the return routes (definitely coming back via HKG). Strange that you can find seats, because the Premium Desk CSA couldn't.... - will check with my TA.