FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2004, 10:56 pm
camachinist

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by BruceWG
That's a good thought - thanks!

One caveat about parking at BART stations...at least the Dublin one: Be wary of doing it on a weekday. I cruised the entire facility for about 15 minutes before finally parking way out on the entrance road out near Dublin Ave. It was a good 10 minute walk to the station. The ride into the city (remember this was a weekday after commute) was about 30 minutes tops. Only lost cell signal twice (one tunnel and the trans-bay tube).

Remember, BART can dump you at a number of stations. I'd have to get my bearings before recommending one close to SBC Park. I've only been there once (not for a game). IIRC, the bus ride was only 10 minutes or so from the Marriott. Met Willie Mays All my other baseball trips were to the Stick, back when Willie was in his prime.

San Francisco is so easy to walk or take public transit. There really isn't any reason to have a car in the city, unless you're hauling stuff. In any event, the garage I linked is easy to get to off the Bay Bridge and is cheap by most standards.

Pat