FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aa crew sharing their saliva with you
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:23 pm
LovePrunes

Originally Posted by anabolism
Thanks for a terrific post! ^

Nothing ironic about it. On some flights, the pillows and/or blankets are washed and wrapped in plastic, but on many they are not. People blow their nose into the blankets, sneeze into the pillows and blankets, wipe their feet on the blankets, prop up their shoes with the pillows, etc. Sick people sneeze into their hands and then adjust the air vent, use the IFE controls, adjust the seat, open the bins and lavatory door, etc. I wipe touch surfaces (including seat belts) with Super Sani-Cloth hospital-grade disinfecting wipes, and use a tissue to open and close the lavatory door. I also wipe touch surfaces in hotel rooms.

I understand there are no guarantees. A FA may wash his or her hands before serving, but pick up the dirty dishes and utensils of a sick passenger before bringing me my meal. The wipes help improve the odds.
How's it work dating? Or with your significant other? I mean the number of wipes you have to have to make your sterile bubble must be overwhelming. Embrace the germs. All the hospital grade anti-bacterial stuff is lowering people's body's immune system, makes it harder to fight of the germs that you forgot to wipe off in the rental car, the rental car shuttle, the grocery store, the theme park, at school, at work, I mean really.

This thread really needs to be re titled, and germaphobes relax.