FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it the end of the FQTV/FQTS entry fields?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 1:39 am
Beano

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Lounge

Originally Posted by johnnyfive
Actually you're right about my situation not having to do with FQTV/FQTS fields, but I got the full explanation from the lounge agent about them having no way to do this anymore so just wanted to share.

The real take away from my experience is that the agent was very willing to change my FF number, even called over another agent who also tried. It took them a little while to realise that the system was preventing them from doing what they have done very easily in the past. I've had two APD bookings in the last 3 months where the lounge agent and call centre agent were happy to change my FF from NZ to VA. So while the rule was in place it was really up to the agent to enforce it. Now it seems the agent has no control as the system locks them out. That or some agents have more permissions within the system than others.

As for showing them my Gold VA card. No dice. I find they always need to enter it into the system to confirm eligibility. Maybe flashing a *G card is a different matter.
Looking at the reverse buying a Virgin ticket can you enter the lounge with as a Airnz gold ? (TT)