FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it the end of the FQTV/FQTS entry fields?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 12:10 am
johnnyfive

Programs: VA Silver, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
I am not sure if the OP's situation has anything to do with FQTV/FQTS fields at all. When you book your ticket with APD, they don't allow you to change your FFP number which has been the case since the beginning of time.

But I would have thought flashing your eligible physical card would be enough to get you in. After all, not being able to change the FFP number is not your fault.
Actually you're right about my situation not having to do with FQTV/FQTS fields, but I got the full explanation from the lounge agent about them having no way to do this anymore so just wanted to share.

The real take away from my experience is that the agent was very willing to change my FF number, even called over another agent who also tried. It took them a little while to realise that the system was preventing them from doing what they have done very easily in the past. I've had two APD bookings in the last 3 months where the lounge agent and call centre agent were happy to change my FF from NZ to VA. So while the rule was in place it was really up to the agent to enforce it. Now it seems the agent has no control as the system locks them out. That or some agents have more permissions within the system than others.

As for showing them my Gold VA card. No dice. I find they always need to enter it into the system to confirm eligibility. Maybe flashing a *G card is a different matter.