FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Plat/Gold/Bus cards. August 2016: 1 personal & 1 business bonus/24 months.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 6:25 pm
Saturn

Originally Posted by sam007
Exactly Fred - approved for the personal card, waited 9 days and got rejected for business card
You followed the timeline. Good for you to call in, but it takes a day, apparently, for the reps to see details of your app, so your recon call was actually premature. It is best to wait for their letter to see what you're dealing with and take it from there.

From what can be gathered here and there Citi requires a credit history of 5 years for all biz cc's.Is your oldest trade line old enough? Any loan seems to count. I hope you had chosen the easy route of name/SSN/sole proprietorship in your app, rather than EIN. The latter just raises the risk of having to provide business documents, and most of us reach a dead end with that demand.

However, once you have seen their denial reasons you can think about recon again. Call the same number and try to rebut their points. They are not likely to budge because they will say they are not able to override a system denial, but it's the step you have to take. Take it to Executive Office one day later. I have had luck at this number: 866-336-7285. Apart from my app ID they wanted to know if I had already called the recon dept. I followed that up with my counters to their denial reasons - that was for a Personal card - and was successful in the end.

EO tends to be more cooperative than recon.