FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A very warm welcome back to Club Europe!!! And good bye President...
Old Nov 18, 2017, 8:43 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
The Anchor that was on my tray looked like the Wiltshire version of Anchor rather than the New Zealand version (I don't have anything against the NZ version, I often choose to have NZ butter when I am in Australia), although I could not see any indication of its 'origin', but it certainly was proper, salted butter! That's all that matters...

I even have a photo to prove it if you don't believe it.
Yes, there's actually a post about this, albeit a bit subtle, here. And here is the photo of the Anchor butter in situ.

Anchor butter in the UK is made by Arla, the Danish co-op, but made with UK cows. These cows even have a GB (but not UK) passport! The Arla subsidiary for Anchor butter is part owned by UK farmers. That said there is still Président butter going around, presumably old stock. There's actually more salt in the Président butter than in Anchor, nearly twice as much despite the demi-sel label, but I guess different people taste different things. Salted butter in France can be very salty and consequently the labelling is somewhat different to the UK.