FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - YBYL (You Board You Lose) on AC?
View Single Post
Old Nov 18, 2017, 8:12 am
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canopus27
Yes. A thousand times yes.

Oh, I was so grumpy when it happened. I was at the airport (AUS) way early anyway, I was just killing time in the lounge - and the flight was J6 R6 Y0, so I knew it was way overbooked, and as an SEMM I was looking forward to some onboard space & wine & pampering ...

But when I got to the gate, (intentionally at flight close minus 45 mins) and politely asked about oversell upgrades, I was told (quite rudely) to "sit down, we've given all the upgrades out".

#grrrrr
So just to be clear, after you were rudely slammed by the GA, you simply obeyed and followed up later by communication (email, carrier pigeon, teleportation, etc.) with Air Canada? You then received a response indicating what you noted?

I would like to know whether this Gate Late You Lose thing is actual protocol. Did the GA explain that they had actually called your name and you weren't there, and that they had a IDGAF attitude and just gave the upgrades to others? Or in the rare instance, were the upgrades given to all SEMMs on a higher coach fare than you?