FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ‘FLUB’ class: travel in First (F) cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft
Old Nov 18, 2017, 7:26 am
IAMORGAN

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Globaliser
And what is more, other airlines do the same too, when they use four-class aircraft to serve routes that only sell three classes. See Bye Bye to First SYD-HKG for an example that immediately came to mind.

What is truly shocking is that someone who paid for J on a flight where J is the highest cabin, and gets the J service but has the good fortune to be seated in a better seat than that for which they paid can say that it's "SHOCKING" to get more than they paid for.

It might be different if you'd paid for J and were op-upped into an F cabin that has been sold as F - but even then it would take a minority FT mindset to complain that you didn't get everything that you might have got if you'd actually paid for an F ticket, or that those who paid for F might be prioritised for the F service.
I think the OP you quoted thought FLUB was a real 'thing' - ie that ex Gatwick on leisure routes, First was actually the same as Club, save for the seat! If that wasn't what was meant, I entirely agree!

I was lucky enough to fly BOS-JFK in a J seat on the 321T having paid for Y (with Avios). I didn't expect (or receive) J service!