FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kudos at JL, again
View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:02 pm
cruisr

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Kudos at JL, again

it is so hard for me to come back to the US after my annual trip to Japan. This is especially true with the airport/flight experience.

my DH and I just came back from our JL F flights JFK/HND/JFK. The service and cuisine were outstanding. I still cannot fathom why Salon 2006 is soooooo expensive. It was lovely to drink though. The steaks we had on both legs were done perfectly and very tender. I love the mid flight snacks offered and had the soba noodles which were light and tasty. The FAs were always walking through the cabin and checking to see if refills were needed and asking what we wanted, if anything. I love the soft mattress that they put on the bed and of course their PJs are the best of all the FC pjs I have collected. The new amenity kits are by Porsche Design. We got brown ones on the outbound and red ones on the return.

One expects F to be outstanding and yet all of our internal flights were, as usual wonderful and they were in Y.

We flew HND-FUK and OKJ-HND. I am truly amazed when the luggage is on the carousel when you get there, as that’s inever the case when I fly other places, and it happened on both domestic flights. What was even most impressive was a hand written note, attached to my bag, which said “Thank you for flying JAL today. Welcome to Okayama flight 236” and it had the date of the flight. We usually don’t hang out at the gate but we did in OKJ. The gate agent was not there yet but when he came he bowed to the seating area. The FAs came over and as I was sitting right where they walked by one of them leaned in and said that she was happy we were flying with them today and she will welcome us onboard shortly. We were the only westerners on the flight so not sure if that’s why she did it.

The internal flights boarded and door closed within 10 minutes. Soooo impressive.

I wont even get into how clean, punctual and always dependable other modes of transportation in Japan is and all I can say that every subway, metro, train, tram, Shinkansen and ferry departed and arrived to the minute.

As as I had to use a walking stick every time I was offered a seat in the subway, metro train or tram. Every. Single. Time.

We increase the the time we spend in Japan every time we go as it’s just such a wonderful place to visit